INSURANCE INFORMATION SUMMARY
Football AB Membership - 2020
COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
- Limit of insurance is $5 MILLION per Occurrence
- $2 Million Directors & Officers (Wrongful Acts/Error & Omissions)
- Includes Provincial/Club/District Directors
- Covers all team events and team related activities sanctioned by Football Alberta,
- Additional Insureds - Officers, Directors, Coaches, Managers, Officials, Volunteers
- Participant coverage is included in addition to 3rd party exposure (including spectators)
- All riders included such as Cross Liability, Non-Owned Automobile, Tenants Legal, etc.
- Canada-Wide Coverage (Out of Country Insurance is advisable. Call office for quote)
- Incidental Medical Malpractice
- Advertisers and Employers Liability
- Liquor Law Liability where requested by the club or team
BENEFIT SCHEDULE OF ACCIDENT INSURANCE - All Sport Insurance
|TYPE OF COVERAGE||MAXIMUM SUM INSURED|
|A) Loss of Life, Dismemberment or Loss of Sight ||Up to $25,000.00 |
|B) Permanent Loss/Dismemberment ||$10,000.00 |
|C) Blanket Accident Reimbursement Limit |
ex: costs not insured by Provincials Medical Plans (Medical Braces for rehab., Emergency Ambulance, Prescription Drugs for injury, *Excess Physiotherapy
|D) Rehabilitation ||$3,000.00 |
|E) Tuition ||$2,000.00 |
|F) Special Treatment Travel ||$1,000.00 |
|G) Blanket Dental ||$5,000.00 |
|H) Fractures ||Up to $500.00 |
|Aggregate Limit Payable for any one Accident ||$2,000,000.00 |
Treatment under (C) & (G) must be completed within 52 weeks from date of accident.
- Note: There is no Coverage for Loss of Wages
- Physiotherapy treatment is $500 per year; no limit/visit. Physician referral/prescription is required.
- If you incur medical or dental expenses as the result of a sports injury, you are required to submit those expenses to Alberta Health Care, Blue Cross or Employer plan, firstly. This is secondary coverage to any other insurance in force (work plan, etc.)
INSURANCE CLAIMS INFORMATION
All insurance claims must follow this sequence:
- Alberta Health Care (first to phone and claim) - If Alberta Health Care does not cover then call;
- Blue Cross (second to phone and claim if you have this plan) - If Blue Cross does not cover everything then call;
- Parents Employer health Plan (third to phone and claim) - If parents employer health plan does not cover or covers only a portion then call;
- Football Alberta (our plan will cover the approved claim or balance owing from another plan)
- Football AB Accident Claim Form may be downloaded from our website. Call our office for the policy number.
- Notify Football Alberta of any claims (name & injury of player) being submitted as well as following the instructions sheet and athletic accident claim form.
- All information must be filled out and sent to the address on the claim form as well as a copy to Football Alberta. You must ask Football Alberta for the Group Policy Number in order to file.
- AMBULANCE: If one of your players requires an ambulance, make sure you get that player the claim form with instructions in case the parents do not have proper coverage.
- Insurance is not valid unless player, coach, other personel’s name is listed on team registration form on file in our office.