2013 Football Alberta Membership Info
Benefits: We trust we are earning your support and serving the needs of the football community of Alberta. The Mission of Football Alberta is to develop, promote, coordinate, regulate and foster the growth of all aspects of amateur football in Alberta. In 2012 alone your membership dollars supported many initiatives including: scholarships for 6 outstanding graduating high school students, athlete representation at provincial & national competition, coaching development programs and more.
All teams that join as paid members will access all of our programs and at a lower cost including: the Annual FA/UofC Calgary Coaches Clinic & Advanced Coaches Clinic at the U of A, Insurance, NCCP (Coaches Certification) program, Officials Training, Manuals, Rule Books, Charitable Tax Receipts, Newsletters/Directory, Senior Bowl, AB Summer Games, U18 Team Alberta National Championships (Football Canada Cup), Funding, Equipment Inspections, Scholarships, Bantam Bowl, etc. Your support helps the amateur football programs that you will eventually access.
Football Alberta Membership Value Statement, Click Here.
Football Alberta Membership consists of 2 plans: Plan #1 provides annual team membership and insurance for all players and team personnel. Plan #2 is available for teams that do not require insurance. Please note that all minor teams; bantam, peewee and atom are required to obtain Football Alberta insurance to be eligible for Minor Provincials.
League Coordinators & Team Managers:
Membership and insurance runs on the calendar yeard (January 1 to December 31). It is easiest for league/team administrators to register players at the start of the year for gym nights in January & February and then continue to register players as they join the team thru spring camp and summer and fall. It is extremely important for the welfare of players and team personnel that insurance is valid (and thus paid for) as soon as you start registration. Please note that the insurance policy provides both accident and liability coverage and is valid regardless of how long players are with your team (one day, one week or all season).
On-Line Login: Each league or team administrator was given a username & password to enter the system to register players and team personnel. You may delete players who are not returning and add players/personnel joining the team. If you've misplaced your login information, or to change your league administrator, please contact Sally at our office.
To login and renew your membership and/or insurance for 2013, visit https://footballalberta.ab.ca/members/.
Insurance Rates (Effective for January 1 - Dec. 31, 2013) will be as follows:
PLAN #1 - TEAM AND PLAYER INSURANCE:
Includes $3 Million Liability & Accident Insurance for the following rates:
(Team Fee + Mandatory Insurance for all Minor teams) These fees are in effect when payment is made on time.
After the fee deadline, last fees will apply.
|Minor (Atom, PeeWee, Bantam)/Midget||Team fee of $157.50 + $20.00 per person|
|High School||Team fee of $183.75 + $20.00 per person|
|Junior/University||Team fee of $183.75 + $20.00 per person|
|Senior Men/Female||$20.00 per person|
|Flag/Touch||$7.00 per person|
PLAN #1 INCLUDES:
- LOWER RATES on all Football Alberta services and includes GST.
- Full newsletter "WIDESIDE" and "DIRECTORY" and "EMAIL MEMO" service.
- *SPORT INJURY & GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE ($3 Million)
*See Policy Insurance Information Summary that is enclosed for details.
- Additional names can be added as they join as per above fees.
PLAN #2 - TEAM MEMBERSHIP ONLY - NO INSURANCE
(Team Fee + Optional Insurance if required)
High School, Six Man High School, Midget, Junior, University, Senior Men, Female Tackle
$183.75 per team (includes gst). Add $20.00/person for optional insurance.
PLAN #2 INCLUDES:
- This plan is for those teams that have adequate insurance (make sure every player, coach and volunteer on the team has the appropriate insurance through the school).
- Plan #2 keeps teams in Good Standing as Members of Football Alberta and includes all of the benefits in Plan #1, except insurance.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (Not part of the above teams)
$25 per person
This plan is for individuals who are not directly associated with any team or officials association in the province (Ex. fans, former coaches and officials, out of province coaches, etc.) but wish to become Members in Good Standing of Football Alberta. Includes "WIDESIDE" and "DIRECTORY" service.
Please note that membership in Plan #1, which includes insurance, has a January 1st start and should be taken out prior to the first day of any on field activity and any extra players that arrive throughout the season can be added prior to their participation for $20.00 each. Also note that any out of season practice or mini-camp situations (Ex. those not approved in your leagues by-laws) must have Football AB's sanction otherwise insurance may be void. Make sure everyone in spring camp is covered under Plan #1. Players will be covered until the end of the year. Any players names that have not been sent into our office are not covered for insurance.
OUT OF COUNTRY INSURANCE
For teams that acquire the Plan #1 membership with insurance can access, in addition, the Out of Country insurance.
Rates: $5 per person per travelling day
Includes $2 Million extra coverage in the U.S. in case of injury.
FOOTBALL ALBERTA ELIGIBILITY STANDARDS FOR MINOR PROVINCIALS
Based on age in the calendar year. Open weight for Provincials, though each league may have their own weight limits for league play.
|Atom - Under 11||Born in 2003, 2004, or 2005|
|Pee-Wee - Under 13||Born in 2001 or 2002|
|Bantam - Under 16||Born in 1998, 1999 or 2000, No Grade 10's|
Note: All Minor Teams must have Football AB Membership and Insurance to be eligible for provincials.
Thank you in advance for your support and best of luck in your upcoming season!
INSURANCE INFORMATION SUMMARY - Football AB Membership - 2013
COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
- Limit of insurance is $3 MILLION per Occurrence
- $2 Million Directors & Officers (Wrongful Acts/Error & Omissions)
Includes Provincial/Club/District Directors
- Covers all team events and team related activities sanctioned by Football Alberta,
- Additional Insureds - Officers, Directors, Coaches, Managers, Officials, Volunteers
- Participant coverage is included in addition to 3rd party exposure (including spectators)
- All riders included such as Cross Liability, Non-Owned Automobile, Tenants Legal, etc.
- Canada-Wide Coverage (Out of Country Insurance is advisable. Call office for quote)
- Incidental Medical Malpractice
- Advertisers and Employers Liability
- Liquor Law Liability where requested by the club or team
BENEFIT SCHEDULE OF ACCIDENT INSURANCE - All Sport Insurance
|TYPE OF COVERAGE||MAXIMUM SUM INSURED|
|A) Loss of Life, Dismemberment or Loss of Sight||Up to $15,000.00|
|B) Permanent Loss/Dismemberment||$30,000.00|
C) Blanket Accident Reimbursement Limit
ex: costs not insured by Provincials Medical Plans (Medical Braces for rehab., Emergency Ambulance, Prescription Drugs for injury, *Excess Physiotherapy
|F) Special Treatment Travel||$1,000.00|
|G) Blanket Dental||$5,000.00|
|H) Fractures||Up to $500.00|
|Aggregate Limit Payable for any one Accident||$2,000,000.00|
- Treatment under (C) & (G) must be completed within 52 weeks from date of accident.
- Note: There is no Coverage for Loss of Wages
- Physiotherapy treatment is $300 per year; max. of $30.00/visit. Physician referral/prescription is required.
- If you incur medical or dental expenses as the result of a sports injury, you are required to submit those expenses to Alberta Health Care, Blue Cross or Employer plan, firstly. This is secondary coverage to any other insurance in force (work plan, etc.)
INSURANCE CLAIMS INFORMATION
All insurance claims must follow this sequence:
- Alberta Health Care (first to phone and claim) - If Alberta Health Care does not cover then call;
- Blue Cross (second to phone and claim if you have this plan) - If Blue Cross does not cover everything then call;
- Parents Employer health Plan (third to phone and claim) - If parents employer health plan does not cover or covers only a portion then call;
- Football Alberta's Insurance Plan (our plan will cover the approved claim or balance owing)
- Football AB Accident Claim Form may be downloaded from our website. Call our office for the policy number.
- Notify Football Alberta of any claims (name & injury of player) being submitted as well as following the instructions sheet and athletic accident claim form.
- All information must be filled out and sent to the address on the claim form as well as a copy to Football Alberta. You must ask Football Alberta for the Group Policy Number in order to file.
- AMBULANCE: If one of your players requires an ambulance, make sure you get that player the claim form with instructions in case the parents do not have proper coverage.
- Insurance is not valid unless player, coach, other personel's name is listed on team registration form on file in our office.
Any further information please contact Football Alberta. Follow this link to obtain a Claim Form.
Capital District Minor Football Association Registration Details ONLY (see below)
NEW: In order to simplify the amount of forms and duplication, Registration and Payment procedure has changed starting in 2013 and will be as follows for all CDMFA Atom, PeeWee, Bantam and Midget CDMFA teams:
- We all recognize that our goal is to gain an accurate team roster count and list while minimizing manual data entry with multiple data sources.
- Clubs (or associations that may include Atom/PeeWee/Bantam or SAMFA, etc.) are now required to submit to us an electronic list of your team(s) that includes players, coaches, executive/board, other team personal. This list can be exported from your own databases or input into excel and sent to us via email.
- Use the same Excel format file that you use for CDMFA registration.
- Team Excel Lists MUST be sent into our office at the end of each month as per...May 31, June 30, Aug 31 and September 30. We will have access to CDMFA registration lists for fall final rosters for Provincials.
- If any name is not on the list you send in to us then they are not insured or registered as a member. You don't want to be in a situation where a player gets hurt in spring, files a claim in the fall and you have not included this player on your list...the player would not have insurance and a liability issue could result towards your team (considering the player thought they were covered by insurance).
- No players can be removed from the list, only added. We require final counts from each team for insurance and membership number purposes.
- The annual team memberhsip fee is $157.50 and insurance is $20.00 per person. Football AB will access your team lists and invoice individual teams and/or clubs for the total amount based on their total numbers (total number would be from pre-season team lists and CDMFA fall lists. Individuals will not be counted twice). We will invoice clubs in late June and a final invoice in mid-September for any new additions.
- Football Alberta uses the contact information in the database to email coaches/team personal about coaching clinics, player development camps, football related info only, etc. Please ensure that coaches/personal email addresses are accurate if they would like to receive this information.
- MIDGET - All midget teams will be invoiced for final payment in the spring before end of season.
- EMAIL TEAM LISTS TO: Sally and her email is : email@example.com