Football Alberta would like to thank the Edmonton Eskimos for their support of the Eskimos Novice and Atom Flag Football League for youth players in the Edmonton area. Registration for the 2017 season is now closed.
Please note that another way to get involved would be to join your local Capital District Club if you wish to start joining an association that will have Novice Flag Football as well as all higher levels of tackle football.
PROGRAM DETAILS for 2017
- Flag Football League for Novice (born 2009, 2010, & 2011) and Atom (born 2007 & 2008) kids broken up into Open Categories which means they will be placed on teams and Divisions of play based on skill level.
- No experience necessary. This is entry level football for players from both genders.
- The fee for Novice and Atom is $150. Flags and jerseys are provided. Only equipment to bring is a good pair of runners.
- Program will run on Sundays from September 10th to November 5th inclusive.
- Teams with a maximum of 10 players will play 5 on 5 Flag Football
- All Novice games played indoors at Commonwealth Stadium Community Fieldhouse with Atom games scheduled for play outside on the Commonwealth Stadium Main Field.
- Teams get one practice/game session a week on Sunday for 60 minutes.
- Players are evaluated on the first day and placed on teams according to ability
- At Novice and Atom there will be four divisions of play based on ability levels and gender.
- The Edmonton Eskimo players drop by at least three times a year to lend their support to the program.
- The University of Alberta Golden Bear Football Team will be providing coaches for the Novice and Atom teams but parents are more than welcome to indicate their willingness to help out as an Assistant Coach or Manager via the registration process.
- All Coaches/Assistants will be given a seminar and “how to” book to assist them in getting into the Flag game.
Interested players in the Calgary area please contact:
The Flag League Presented by Dinos 5th Quarter Alumni (ages 8-16)