Football Alberta would like to thank the Edmonton Eskimos for their ongoing support of the Edmonton Eskimos Youth Flag Football League for youth players in the Edmonton area.
Starting in 2019, the Edmonton Eskimos Youth Flag Football League will be administered through the Greater Edmonton Flag Football Association.
Program Details for 2019
- Flag Football League for Novice (born 2011, 2012, & 2013), Atom (born 2009 & 2010), Peewee (born 2007 & 2008), Boys Bantam (born 2005 & 2006) and Girls Bantam (born 2005 & 2006)
- No experience necessary. This is entry level football for players from all genders.
- Flags and jerseys are provided. Only equipment to bring is a good pair of runners.
- Program will start mid-August and run until the end of October.
- Teams with a maximum of 10 players will play 5 on 5 Flag Football
- Novice games are typically played indoors at Commonwealth Stadium Community Field House with Atom and Peewee games scheduled for play outside on the Commonwealth Stadium Main Field.
- Teams get one session per week for 60 minutes.
- Players are evaluated on the first day and placed on teams according to ability
- Depending on number of participants, at each age category there will be four divisions of play based on ability levels and gender.
- The Edmonton Eskimo players drop by at least three times a year to lend their support to the program.
- The University of Alberta Golden Bear Football Team will be providing coaches but parents are more than welcome to indicate their willingness to help out as an Assistant Coach or Manager via the registration process.
- All Coaches/Assistants will be given a seminar and “how to” book to assist them in getting into the Flag game.
If you have any questions or concerns contact the Greater Edmonton Flag Football League by emailing Darryl Darudson at email@example.com.
Interested players in the Calgary area please contact: