2018 Team Alberta U16 – North Top 45 List
Nomination Letters for the Team Alberta U16 Program are available through Alberta Bantam and High School Coaches. Team Alberta will compete in the 2018 Football Canada Western Challenge in Edmonton in July. Players must be born in 2003 & 2004 regardless of school grade.
- Identification Camp February 9, 10 & 11 in Edmonton
- Identification Camp April 6, 7 & 8 in Calgary
- Players must be nominated by their Bantam or High School coach to tryout ($100 fee)
- Players can try out at either location regardless of where they live
- Players can only try out at one camp, unless asked specifically by the coaching staff
- Final Selection Camp (Top 80-100) – April 20, 21 & 22 in Calgary
- Team Mini Camp – July 1, 2 & 3
- 2018 Football Canada U16 Western Challenge July 4-7 in Edmonton
2017 Team Alberta U16
Team South 27 – Team North 8
The concept of the Bantam Bowl is to reward and showcase the best graduating Grade 9 players in the province in an all-star format. The role we at Football Alberta play is to run the event in a manner in which all the coaches have to do is coach and all the players have to do is play. The result has been an extremely enjoyable, once in a lifetime memory for player and coach alike. With the continued development of the Bantam Bowl and the Alberta Summer Games Tournament in off-setting years, we’re hoping to further increase the stature of bantam football province-wide.
Bantam Bowl South Camp – April 7 – 9 – South Team
Bantam Bowl North Camp – April 21-23 – North Team
Bantam Bowl Main Camp & Game – May 19-22 – Edmonton, University of Alberta’s Foote Field
The Bantam Bowl will include practices Friday, Saturday and Sunday with the game on Monday of the Long Weekend. The players are provided with 4 days room & board, an awards banquet and a game jersey.
Bantam Bowl History
2015 – South 31 North 13
2013 – South 19 North 8
2011 – South 28 North 14
2009 – South 13 North 10
2007 – South 17 North 6
2005 – North 21 South 14